Monday, April 6, 2009

interview: danni ashe

How did you find yourself getting into the Internet business?

... I'd worked for many years as what they call a house dancer, and then I became a men's magazine model, and did a lot of softcore videos. And then I became what's called a feature dancer. Once you have built a name for yourself, have magazine credits and video credits, you can become what's called a feature, and you tour around the country from club to club, city to city, as sort of the headline attraction. You have themed 20-minute shows, and you are the reason people come to the club.

So I did that for awhile, and had a number of really awful experiences. And out of those experiences I thought, "You know what, it's time to move on." ... And I had been using a personal computer for a number of years and running my fan club, and I knew that's what I wanted to do. I loved the computer. I was obsessed with the computer, and I thought, "I want to become a computer programmer."

And in the interim, while I was waiting for a course to start, I ventured onto the Internet, and quickly got into the Usenet newsgroups where I was hearing that my pictures were being posted, and started talking to people. ... I spent several really intense months in the newsgroups, and it was out of those conversations that the idea for Danni's Hard Drive was born. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment